Course in CPR and Basic Oxygen Administration
On successful completion the course in CPR and Basic Oxygen Administration participants will be able to recognise and respond to emergency situations that require CPR and/or the application of oxygen therapy or oxygen resuscitation, as appropriate, until the arrival of medical assistance.
This includes the ability to assess the situation taking into consideration the casualty, risks, physical hazards (including poorly ventilated room, naked flame, or potential for spark or flame), appropriate response to take control of the situation and most importantly appropriately administer oxygen using specified delivery devices.
It provides you with the skills and knowledge to recognise when someone is unconscious and not breathing normally (Cardiac Arrest) and increase their chance of survival by calling an ambulance and performing potentially lifesaving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), including using a defibrillator, until emergency services arrive to take over.
Participants will also develop skill and knowledge to appropriately communicate the details of the incident including requesting emergency assistance, conveying details of the casualty to emergency services and relevant workplace officers and producing appropriate documentation according to established industry/organisational procedures.
This course can be applied in either the workplace or in a community setting.
Provider of Training and Assessment
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants VU21763 Apply basic oxygen resuscitation/oxygen therapy, within this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation; and
- 22298VIC Course in Basic Oxygen Administration
- VU21763 Apply basic oxygen resuscitation/oxygen therapy
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston or in the workplace
- It is recommended that participants in this course have literacy and numeracy competencies equivalent to the Australian Core Skills Framework Level 2. An example of ACSF Level 2 is being able to request appropriate emergency assistance at the scene of the incident.
- Participants in the Course in Basic Oxygen Administration must be able to demonstrate current competence in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines recommend annual refresher training for current competence.
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Participants must be physically capable of controlling risks and hazards and appropriately administering oxygen using specified delivery devices.
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 6 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 5 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 1-hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Refresher training – 5 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines recommended renewal for the HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation part of this course is every 12 months.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website www.allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Administer oxygen – pre-check procedures and hazards
- Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenario:
- Perform CPR on an adult & administer oxygen on recovery
- Administer supplemental oxygen
- Documentation – The student must complete the following to the appropriate standard:
- Incident report forms10
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. Model responses are provided later in this document. The student must complete all assessment questions
CPR and Basic Oxygen Administration
Safe Act Pty Ltd, runs public First Aid Course regularly throughout NSW and twice weekly at Weston, we also run lots of private course and group in between. If these dates don’t suit please give us a call on 02 4936 1190, and speak to one of our Training Consultants about the option that best works for you.
Our First Aid Courses providing simple, streamlined firstaid training courses. The one-day Provide First Aid course will equip you with necessary first aid knowledge, skills and reference materials in addition to a nationally recognised statement of attainment. First aid certification is highly valued by employers and in many cases is a requirement for employment within Australia. As well we provide advanced training in Advanced First Aid, Advanced Resuscitation, Manage First Aid Services and Resources and Occupational First Aid in the Workplace
Over the years, we have developed and maintained long-standing relationships with our clients being companies or individuals who contact us to renew their qualifications.
We believe in treating people with respect and courtesy this is demonstrated by the way we answer your questions at first point of contact and by the way we assist you in your learning experience in the classroom.
Do you need a workplace compliant First Aid Kit
Do you need a workplace compliant First Aid Kit
Do you need a workplace compliant First Aid Kit Plus more