HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
First Aid Courses in Cessnock
This first aid course will allow you to develop skills and knowledge and most importantly, confidence, to provide first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury. You will develop the skills to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery. It includes initial intervention in a casualty with a serious condition prior to professional medical help being available, such as performing CPR while awaiting an ambulance, as well as the complete treatment of other less serious conditions, such as applying water for burns, or assisting someone choking.
Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true where it relates to potentially fatal illnesses and injuries, such as those that require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or involve severe bleeding. These procedures carry a risk of further injury to the casualty and the first aider. As with any training, it is more useful if training occurs before being confronted with an actual real-life situation.
The course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR in the event of an emergency.
This first aid course is essential for everyday life events, allowing you to provide immediate and effective first aid to workers or others who have been injured or become ill at the workplace or at home.
Provider of Training and Assessment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909;
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston or in the workplace
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 7.5 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 5.5 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 2 hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Refresher training – 5.5 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website https://www.allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook.aspx for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
Cost: $99 per person
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
What happens at the course?
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Perform Adult CPR & defibrillation
- Anaphylaxis (allergic reaction)
- Choking with airway obstruction
- Unconscious casualty
- Bleeding and shock
- Snake or funnel web spider bite
- Sprains and fractures
- Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenario:
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Breathing difficulties – Asthma
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.